It's been a while since I've done a what I've been reading post and I've read a ton of great ones. I won't go into everything I've read but I do write a review for every book I read as I finish it on Goodreads. So if you want the unabridged list as well more full write ups for some of these you can find it in my read list.
And before I get to the books. I've been wanting to do a book club/book movie club of sorts. I'll have more info and a survey up on the blog Tuesday if you want on the mailing list (or just to know more) let me know and make sure I have a way to contact you in the comments section or just be sure to check back in on Tuesday.
- Glitch by Heather Anastasiu - A fun dystopian with sci-fi elements. I really enjoyed this, adults controlled by the government to be mindless drones and kids with powers fighting back to avoid the same fate. See my full Glitch review.
- Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini - I've found that I've developed quite a taste for Greek mythology inspired tales and this is no exception. A story about a girl who discovers her powers, a fun family with abilities of their own, and some good teen romance and drama. Also possibly the best "coming out about your powers to your best friend" scene ever!
- Die for Me by Amy Plum - Some good solid paranormal romance in this one. It reminded me, in a good way of Cassandra Clare's Shadowhunter books mixed with a bit of Anna and the French Kiss. I'll definitely be continuing the series. Good mild paranormal bits, with contemporary romance, and some fighting which we all know I love.
- Deity by Jennifer Armentrout - All my apprehensions with how the Covenant series started have flown out the window because the direction and story it went to in Deity are awesome, original and super fun. I love the characters, the dialogue the stories. So much fun. Sassy kick butt heroine with some steamy romance and awesome fighting.
- Reached by Ally Condie - The last book in the Matched series and possibly my favorite. I really enjoyed how the story all came together. I felt like each of the characters were challenged and became better and stronger and more admirable. A good finish. Great for dystopian lovers.
- Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan - Finally this Heroes of Olympus series has made a positive turn. The last book kind of had me a bit bored. I mean I liked it but when all the awesome characters are split up you get a bit bored. In this book all the old and new characters come together and it's awesome. It was super fun to see two very different but wonderful heros side by side.
What have you been reading? Really I love hearing what everyone has been reading I think talking about books might be one of my favorite things so let me know :) I'm super excited about the series I'm currently reading and can't wait to share it with you guys when I finish it!