Have you guys ever tried the Zuppa Toscana at Olive Garden? It's so good and one of my favorite soups. I especially love it because even though it has a splash of cream it's not a cream based soup and it's got tons of veggies. Not only that it's super delicious and crazy easy to make at home. I made giant pot of it over the weekend (I'll freeze some of it) and I had instagram friends begging for the recipe so here it is.
- 1 lbs. Mild Italian Sausage
- 1/4 lbs. Bacon cut into small pieces
- 1/2 Onion diced (or if you're lazy I used onion powder last time and that worked great)
- 1 TBS Garlic minced
- 10 C chicken broth (I always use the granules and water)
- 1 bag frozen chopped spinach (I think olive garden uses kale)
- 5-6 Potatoes halved and sliced (I now remove the skin since the musicmaker is a whiner)
- 1 C Heavy Cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook up the bacon. When the bacon is halfway done throw in the onion and sausage and cook until onions are translucent. Add garlic and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and add sliced potatoes. Cook until potatoes are soft. Add spinach and cook until heated through. Turn off heat and add heavy cream and salt and pepper to taste.
Super easy, yummy, and not too bad for you. Enjoy!